Friday, May 10, 2013

Here I am ........anyone?

In another push to promote our marriage online, my husband has asked that I contribute to his blog. OK scrap that, it probably came about like this- husband and wife sitting side by side, separated only by the cold divide between twin leather recliners. This is how it is every night. Sometimes to spice things up, the husband or the wife will stand up and hurl themselves onto the three seater couch, disrupting the slumber of three over-fed, anxious hounds. Anyhow I digress (which will, in fair warning, become a feature of my posts if I actually stick around for a while. You see the interweb is littered with the wife's wasteland of forgotten blogs and misguided hopes of one day being paid just to live and write about how hard I find "just living". For evidence go here  http://enidsworld.wordpress.com/  

Now where was I? Oh yes how I came to be writing this abomination of an introductory post. I recall it went something along the lines of  

Wife: Are you going to sit there with that computer on your lap all night, you f%#king terrorist? 

[the wife seems to live in a time when owning any multiple technology' doodads means you are an evil mastermind/modern day terrorist. I call ASIO when I see a cluster of power cords in use] 

Husband: I'm just finishing my blog post, "The top 50 songs I would want to listen to if stuck on a toilet" [The wife is taking the piss out of her husband's fondness for list making... the jokes on her though because I think she just provided the inspiration for his next post]. 

Wife: It's not fair.....[so on and so forth] we should resurrect our online film review blogging days in the hopes of reigniting the spark in our relationship, you know before the pressure of owning three dogs and endless grind of well-paid, full time employment got the better of us. 

Husband: [continues to stare at computer screen and finish typing his sentence before looking up] "We can do that"

Wife: Forget it, you're obviously not interested. Goodnight, I'm going to bed. [wife lays in bed and falls asleep to the sound of American Dad season 4, with a chihuahua sleeping between her legs] 

3 days and a few unread emails later, here I am

















3 comments:

AndrewPeirce said...

I will do a top 50 songs I would want to listen to if I was stuck on a toilet. I can't guarantee it will be thrilling or exciting, but none the less. I'm pretty sure that 'A Little Less Conversation' will feature in it though.

Anonymous said...

Can you guys do a follow up post... or perhaps a TV series where you visit various toilets around the world and then list the top 50 toilets you'd like to be stuck on listening to your top 50 songs? If interested this would surely be one of mine

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Om0YxyZyKVk/SSOSfQAIwRI/AAAAAAAAAx0/ZAWeqRz1mTI/s320/Best_Toilet_Ever.jpg

Although I'd probably want a few more walls. Check out the turkey sitting on it in that photo. Hasn't even taken his pants down! Boy will he be embarassed when he goes to wipe!

AndrewPeirce said...

I can possibly organise this for sure. I will visit as many toilets in Perth and New York this year as possible and then eventually post a blog about those toilets and the songs I'd like to have listened to in them.